After having one of those 'blah' days yesterday, it was such a relief to wake up to a new day and to find that a good blogger friend had awarded myself, along with 6 others the "Versatile Blogger Award"! How special and talk about making someone's day a lot brighter, so thanks to Sheila Zeller of SZInteriors, I was on the road to a great day! Be sure to check out Sheila's blog, she is one very talented lady with tons of great ideas to share!
Part of this award requires me to share 7 things about myself that you wouldn't normally know. So here goes:
1. I am a huge Humanitarian-both animals and poverty stricken nations tug at my heart strings. I wish I could save every one of them on this planet! If only I would just win that million now I could and fulfill that dream! But for now, I do what I can, with both time and money.
2. Having a Scandinavian background, it seems to be embedded into my soul, that I should also decorate and live like one here on the West Coast! I was lucky enough to live in Norway for two whole years and it feels just like yesterday. It has to be my most favourite way to be surrounded by relaxing, calming, beautiful white and natural elements! As I like to say "It is the backdrop to my life!" Nothing else will do!
3. I am a single parent and have been for many years. It can be a challenge to balance everything, however I wouldn't change a single thing (except still waiting to meet my knight in shining armour...lol!) I am so lucky to have my two gorgeous kids who I can say with pride, are becoming extraordinary individuals and have helped shape me as a mother, woman and continue to teach ME things everyday! They make me proud!!
4. I'm a bit of a closet philanthropist. Always looking at the bright side of life and trying to spread the word. I can't stand it when people complain on a daily basis over meaningless things OR for that matter brag about having too much! There are so many in this world without the basic necessities! OK, rant is done...:)
5. I LOVE chalkboard paint! It's a MUST HAVE in my 'toolbox'!
6. I always wanted to design handbags and shoes and have been fascinated by them ever since I was a little girl...now I dream of having home accessories (think pillows, throws, etc.), to go along with them (think Tory Burch)! Yes, it's more like a BIG dream:)
7. I used to be a ballet dancer and taught as well. I still get the itch.
It's all about the creative side of life for me. I wouldn't want it any other way!
The second and last part of this award requires me to send this to 7 other fabulous and talented bloggers and even though I don't them very well I know they deserve this! Thanks again to Sheila for making my day fabulously fabulous! You can check out her amazing blog @ sheilazellerinteriors.com
Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Bloggers To Check Out:
Photo courtesy of Cole & Son