Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To Paint or Not To Paint?

So I got myself some new (to me) chairs-6 to be exact-which I wanted, (actually it was 8), but that my friends is hard to find, especially ones you like & if you're on a budget like me.  I searched high and low for the right style, shape, height & comfort level in a set and finally found them for a STEAL!  I find Craigslist can either be your worst enemy or your best friend and luckily this time, we're pals.  Here's a pic of the chairs:


Now the question is, should I paint them or not?  There are so many options with these that I had to put together an idea board so I could narrow it down, but the possibilities are almost endless AND I happen to like them all which does NOT help!  See what I mean?

I realize I have more upholstery on mine, and they are not Chinese Chippendale Chairs, but you get the idea.  I had every intention of painting them, so why am I so indecisive now?  Do I like the natural look?  Not sure.  I want the bistro look, but I'm certainly not afraid of colour, so that is an option.  I am definitely changing the upholstery, because well let's face it...it's seen better days and really isn't my style anyway.  What is my style you ask?  For those that know me, you guessed right-call it what you like-rustic, eclectic, scandinavian, with a bit of industrial.  Phew!  Is this even a style?  Well it's mine, but I need a bit of advice now, so I am reaching out to you, my fellow bloggers, readers and friends alike...what do you think I should do?  Paint?  If so, what colour?  No paint?  Upholstery suggestions?  Geometric, stripes, one colour, two colours?  ACK!  My walls are white, dining table is a MCM darker teak. HELP!


5 comments:

Victoria @ The FAT Paint™ Company and ÉdinHome said...

Paint!
But find your fabric first so you can coordinate your colour.
As I was reading your post I found myself to be a little indecisive too... until I read that your table was a darker teak... love the idea of colour with this combination!!
As for upholstery... how about a different back? Something in a stripe or chevron?
Have fun with this!
Victoria

Shelley Jacobsen said...

@Victoria, I think you're right...colour would be fun! Also leaning towards the idea of a different fabric on the OUTSIDE back, so I think you're ideas are right on track with what I am thinking...I think...lol! Thanks heaps for the input! Very helpful!

Sheila Zeller said...

I was leaning toward no paint until I read the part about your table being a darker teak. Now I say definitely paint, and I'm with Victoria, find your fabric first! The rest will fall into place. I can't wait to see where you go with this!!!

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

Nice find! I can't wait for the reveal.

Shelley Jacobsen said...

Thanks @Sheila for your input & @Tracey I think so too:) It's definitely decided that I am going to paint them. Now to find the perfect fabric, maybe two!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...