My creativity lacked a little this year when it came to my Advent Calendar, but I did manage to come up with one that was so simple. (Oh, and this WAS done on time, just a bit late on the posting side of things)...
This is definitely one that anyone can do! You could mix it up, with a different linen, or cloth, heck, even dishtowels will do. I did mine in grey & white, because I like to keep things neutral with lots of texture, but you could change up the tags and coordinate it with your colour scheme for the holidays and your set!
~ Linen, cotton or any fabric of choice that easily ties together (cut into 24 1ft squares)
~ Popsicle sticks (24)
~ Card stock paper of any colour
~ Glue Stick (or any crafters glue will do)
1. Print out numbers 1-24 in strips and cut out in shapes of mini flags.
2. Glue flags to the sticks.
3. Cut out your fabric into 24 - 12" x 12" squares or desired size (depending on the goodies you want to add!). Make sure the ends aren't fraying, otherwise hem the ends.
4. Place your goodies into the center and tie two ends together first and then the other two ends to form a criss cross in the middle.
5. Push in your popsicle stick into the middle of the knot and set out for display and watch the kids dig in! EASY PEASY! Looks a little 'french bistro' and I love this rustic look!
Makes a great centerpiece or place in a tray at the entryway for added holiday decor! Best of all, you can reuse the sack fabric at the end for next year or place on the tree!