Friday, December 2, 2011

DIY Advent Calendar

I decided to make an advent calendar this year.  Turned out pretty good for a first timer, and I found the perfect spot to hang it.  I'm actually really loving it and adds to the cosy feel in my home. 





Took me two days, but all that was needed was some newspaper to make the cones, plain white copy paper to make the snowflakes, paint for the snowflakes, (I choose three colours; patina, linen & copper from Folkart paints),  and hemp string. EASY! Love to hear more DIY ideas for advents:)  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Sheila @SZInteriors said...

Hi Shelley!
I love your advent calendar!!! It turned out so well. I'm so glad you gave it a whirl :-)
Way to go!
Sheila

Shelley Jacobsen said...

Sheila thanks so much...you're a doll! xo

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

So pretty, I love this design. I bet the kids have a hard time not climbing all over the couch to peek in. Although they may be better behaved than me who has already peeked at her Xmas gifts :)

Shelley Jacobsen said...

Too funny Stevie! Actually, I don't put anything in until late at night for the next one or early morning simply because it gets too heavy and weighs it down. Also, my kids aren't so small...(teenager and tween:)...Thanks for the comment, appreciate it! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...